Absorption

Do you ever take the time to stop and look around you? To hear the birds? To see the tears? To just absorb? try it once in a while. Everything in this blog is what I absorb. What I notice. What I step back from the crowd to observe. Try it. See where you get.

Wednesday 7 May 2008

Vengeance

We started a topic in English, focused upon war poetry. Over the next 6 days, I'll be publishing 6 poems that I've written for English. This first one is a sonnet, entitled Vengeance. It was written at 2 o'clock in the morning, and was based upon the last two lines, which were swirling around my head. Enjoy.

Pure anger and rage runs through my whole frame.
My mind, set, ready for utter revenge
Their deaths make this, no longer just a game
Now, life’s final goal; ghost’s I must avenge.
Once I was a child; a child no more
The beasts stole my kin – took from me brothers
They are monsters, once written in lore
I must take them. Before they take others.

I hold such power within my two hands.
They will soon answer for what they have done
I stand, ready to die on foreign lands
They will die alone, in front of a gun.
The beast awakens – their blood I shall spill.
The beast awakens – I make my first kill.

No comments: