Absorption

Do you ever take the time to stop and look around you? To hear the birds? To see the tears? To just absorb? try it once in a while. Everything in this blog is what I absorb. What I notice. What I step back from the crowd to observe. Try it. See where you get.

Sunday 18 May 2008

Cursed Gift

This next piece, was a piece I had completely forgotten about, that has now been adapted. But onto history. I had originally, tried to write a novel. My introduction to that novel is what you see below. I've lengthened it slightly. It deals with eternal life, a subject I always tend to identify with. Enjoy.

So long ago I felt such pain,

Loved ones who I’d never see again
But now, I am utterly bled
And inside myself
I am all but dead.
It’s not what it’s meant to be
This ‘gift’ that lives inside of me
For I wish with each passing dawn
That come the morning light
it shall be gone.

The world I stand in does not need
a man without a single greed
Too tired to stand, once more, and fight
and rid the world of perpetual night.
I have not lived for many years
I only exist - with many fears.
There is too much here
for one man to defend
I pray my time here
is at an end.

God forgive, my lonely soul.
Let me die and become whole.

No comments: