Absorption

Do you ever take the time to stop and look around you? To hear the birds? To see the tears? To just absorb? try it once in a while. Everything in this blog is what I absorb. What I notice. What I step back from the crowd to observe. Try it. See where you get.

Wednesday 21 May 2008

And Off She Goes

This poem is one of my forgotten 'soul' pieces. And no, that title isn't as cheesy as it sounds nor have I designed an entire segment of poetry entitled "My Soul Pieces" It's just a piece that I hold close to my heart, although, in honesty got buried under layers of work. This poem was started over a friend who, at the time, was really dear to me. I'd been looking at conversations of past, and found things that almost made me cry. I've edited things of course, so instead of a friend, it's a love. It's strange how things change in the blink of an eye. Our friendship was swallowed by the shadows, that were hidden by the light. In the end, It will never get better. I miss it. Truly so. But life must move on, and so we must follow. The reason for her leaving into the trees is that I always felt trees represent life and as such she's moving off into a new life. A bit of information for you there. Enjoy.

And off she goes,
Into the trees
And, sadly, I say
I know why she leaves.

We say goodbye,
No tears, no hug
But as she leaves
My heart strings tug.

I say goodbye
And something dies
for I know that,
Inside, she cries.

We must let go
Of dreams we had
Of romance and love
But this goodbye is mad!

Wait, I cry!
Don’t leave me please
I must convince her,
This moment I must seize!

I love you I swear
with all my heart
She smiles at me sadly
Wordlessly, telling me she must depart.

And off she goes,
Into the trees
Though every bone,
In my body, disagrees.

No comments: